Kamis, 18 Februari 2010
SWE 2, GER 0; CZE 3, SVK 1
A few observations:
- There's no way I can stay up for the late games even though I really wanted to watch the Slovaks vs the Czechs.
- What happened to the Swedes wearing Jofa helmets?
- The Swedes didn't look sharp. Apparently the way things work is you get to town, get a win and have a good skate the next day. Unfortunately the Slovaks have to play Russia today.
- Forsberg looked pretty good despite the smaller ice sheet. That crafty passing ability must be the last thing to go.
- By accounts from what I read, Jagr started slow and played himself into form last night. He scored one on a semi break and set up another goal later in the game.
- I've said enough about Joe Micheletti on Twitter last night.
Today/Tonight we have
USA - NOR at 3PM EST
SUI - CAN at 7:30
SVK - RUS at 12AM
Norway is a roadapple so hopefully the US opens things up.
The Swiss should give Canada a better game than the Norwegians
Maybe the Slovaks can find some chinks in the Russian armor before they go down by 7 goals?