Jumat, 15 Oktober 2010
1) This season doesn't seem the same without the big dogs. The Isles wouldn't benefit from Black in the system? Money to spend and a familiar face...
2) Josh Bailey and Sam Gagner are my breakout players for this season. Over 60 points. Call it a hunch.
3) The Bruins over the Wings for the Cup is my fantasy. In reality I think the Wings or Hawks are the two teams to beat. The East looks wide open after Philly and Washington.
4) After Khabibulin and Ribeiro the next alcohol-related arrest comes out of Calgary. That team seems rudderless to me.
5) I like Doug Weight, Kris Huselius, Lucic, Getzlaf, Downie, Derek Roy and John Quick for big bushy seasons. Weight and Lucic are healthy, finally, Downie is playing with some busy line mates, Huselius and Roy have been warm before but they are one hot stretch away from putting up a crooked number this season and Quick for no reason other than a better team in front of him.
6) I think Matt Moulson, Ryan Malone, Mike Fisher and Bryzgalov come back down to earth.
7) Bruce Boudreau gets fired at some point this season. I think he catches the blame if the Caps struggle. McPhee won't be on the hook because he drafts too well.
8) I'm a dopey hockey blogger I don't need to back any of these up with anything.