By now you have heard the changes in the selection process for the All-Star Game.
Scotty and I decided to have a 2-man 2Man All-Star fantasy draft over email at work.
We named ourselves non-playing coach/captains and picked the customary 4 forward lines, 3 defensive pairings and 3 tenders. Scotty had 1st overall pick. Here's how the draft went:
A few notes from the draft:
- It's an all-star game so I took D that can rip. Mike Green that early (5th round) was a no brainer
- Scotty didn't keep it totally real by taking a few injured players like Parise and Marty. It's all good for our fantasy draft purposes.
- I should've taken Perry to pair him with Getzlaf. When Scotty took Perry I took Bobby Ryan just so Scotty wouldn't snatch him up later on and pair him with Perry.
- Goalies get torched every year but at least Tim Thomas competes so hard that he can make a few unreal saves.
- I feel like Eric Staal always comes up big in these games.
- We broke up the Sedins and Scotty took the good one. In the real draft will the captains have to handcuff them like how you pick your star RB's backup in fantasy football?
- Our rosters are ridic. I don't really think we left anyone off but some arguments can be made. Where did we eff up?
- Kovy didn't get picked because of how badly he snuffed his last SO attempt. He looks like a broken man.
- I was considering taking Dwayne Roloson with my final goalie pick because he is the best goalie when facing 50+ shots. I made that stat up but I feel like it's true.
- If Savard wasn't concussed he would have went top 3 for me. There is no better player for a pickup game than that guy.
- John Carlson is a beast. Dude has a bomb.